There is a lot to do at a Chicago Cubs game– but what do you do and where do you eat before/after the game? There are some great restaurants with notable chefs within walking, taxi and CTA train distance of Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field stadium near the Sheffield, Addison, Waveland and Clark Streets. With the Red line right there, you can also easily access other Chicago neighborhoods that are very close to Wrigleyville; including Lincoln Park, Roscoe Village, Old Town, Lakeview, Lincoln Park and Boys Town, just to name a few. With so much culinary food options within a short walking, cab/taxi and/or CTA train distance, it’s easy to tour around Wrigley Field and find great drinks or dinner options.
Here are 9 of our favorites (in no particular order):
1. HB – In heart of Boystown, (formerly Hearty Boys) serves up delicious, sophisticated American-Fusion fare. Consider a reservation as it gets busy– walking distance to the stadium.
3404 North Halsted Street | (773) 661-0299
2. Cozy Noodles and Rice– In the mood for something light and sweet? This favorite among Thai restaurants serves up authentic dishes surrounded by dinosaurs, lunchboxes and Pez dispensers.
3456 North Sheffield Avenue | (773) 327-0100
3. Victory’s Banner– Great for brunch or lunch or early dinner. Vegetarian options abound and good prices, if you think you stepped into an ashram, you’re in the right place. Recommend the French toast.
2100 West Roscoe Street | (773) 665-0227
4. Yoshi’s Cafe– A bit more upscale (although you’d never know it by passing by), it’s a “cutting-edge” culinary experience crossing multiple ethnic disciplines. Definitely get a reservation and enjoy.
3257 North Halsted Street | (773) 248-6160
5. Bourgeois Pig– In Lincoln Park near Belmont station, don’t expect to be coddled by the staff. Delicious sandwiches, tea, coffee, ice-cream; they have it all and it’s a chill hang-out in the summer.
738 W Fullerton Avenue | (773) 883-5282
6. Perennial Virant– Also in Lincoln Park (literally facing the park itself), recently re-opened with new, fresh menu items and the clientele to boot. One of the best outdoor seating spots in the city.
1800 North Lincoln Avenue | (312) 981-7070
7. DMK– A truly awesome burger bar with simple, but refined menu (sweet potato fries!). Great hand-crafted beer selection of domestic breweries. Get there early before all the seats are taken.
2954 N. Sheffield Chicago 60657 | (773) 360-8686
8. Mia Francesca– Classic Italian restaurant where many a Hollywood star (insert–> Vince) have been spotted. In heart of Lakeview, walking distance to the Stadium and always yummy.
3311 North Clark Street | (773) 281-3310
9. Rise– Just don’t tell anybody you’re dreaming of Sushi at the baseball game- but if you are, Rise is a hot-spot. With a fresh and inventive menu, it’s hard to go wrong with Rise.
3401 North Southport Avenue | (773) 525-3535